The Experimental Magnetic Resonance Group and Translational Radiology Group (associated to the University Clinic for Radiology at the University Hospital Münster) at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany are offering a position limited to 3.5 years as a
PhD Student (gn*)
Part-time with 65%
Salary according to TV-L E13
in multimodal imaging of endothelial permeability using novel contrast agents (biology, imaging, biochemistry).
In the Collaborative Research Centre 1450 “Insight - Multiscale imaging of organ-specific inflammation” we are looking for a candidate to work on quantitative assessment of endothelial permeability by novel nanostructured contrast agents. The project includes magnetic resonance (MR), fluorescence reflectance (FR) and multispectral optoacoustic tomography (MSOT) imaging as well as histologic imaging and analysis in vitro and in vivo within different experimental models of ischemia and inflammation.
We expect from you:
- Applicants are expected to have completed a MSc in biology, biomedical imaging, biochemistry or physics
- Interest in in vivo imaging, contrast agents, endothelial permeability and data analysis is mandatory.
- Experience with experimental imaging modalities or in vivo experiments in general are a plus. The successful candidate will be devoted to science and integrate in a dynamic interdisciplinary team.
We offer you:
- Enrolment in a Dr. rer. nat. or Dr. rer. medic. Program
- Working in a young and motivated international, interdisciplinary team
- Collaboration in the collaborative research center 1450
- 9.4 T MRI system (Biospec with cryoprobe), FRI/FMT scanner, MSOT scanner, PET/MR scanner, RF laboratory
- Biosafety level microbiology and biochemical lab
- Access to instrumentation in other groups
For more information, please contact Dr. Max Masthoff or Prof. Dr. Cornelius Faber, Clinic of Radiology, University Hospital Münster, Münster, Germany via max.masthoff(at)ukmuenster(dot)de or faberc(at)uni-muenster(dot)de.
Formal applications including CV and motivation letter may be sent until 10.07.2021 to Personalgewinnung des Universitätsklinikums Münster, Bewerbermanagement, Domagkstraße 5, 48149 Münster or via email to: bewerbung(at)ukmuenster(dot)de.
Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged. In the case of equal qualifications, competence and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate predominate. Candidates with recognised disabilities possessing equal qualifications will be given preference.
The University Hospital of Münster encompasses clinics and polyclinics as well as institutes specializing in research, training and in- as well as outpatient care. More than 8000 employees work in the different departments and institutes of the University Hospital. With 1500 beds, it is one of the largest university hospitals in Germany, providing the highest level of medical care.