The Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine (IMM), Department of Molecular Medicine, University Hospital of Münster, Germany offers a position, limited to 3 years based on a Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) project, of a
Technical Assistant (gn*)
Full time for 38.5 hours per week
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience according to TV-L
The osteoimmunology research group focuses on the study of molecules and mechanisms that regulate the differentiation and activity of osteoclasts and osteoblasts and thus influence inflammatory joint destruction, such as in rheumatoid arthritis.
We offer varied activities in a pleasant working atmosphere with a dynamic and motivated team with structured training. On the one hand, your field of activity includes the application of experimental techniques and molecular biological (Western blot, siRNA, real-time PCR), histological (preparation of histological slides, immunocyto- and immunohistochemistry) and cell biological methods (cell isolations, mono- and co-cultures, functional assays), as well as working with our rodent colony according to animal welfare regulations and hygiene guidelines. On the other hand, we also offer you space for your ideas and commitment.
Essential requirements for this position:
- Completed vocational training as research assistant (BTA/MTA/CTA or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience in molecular- and cell biology and histological techniques
- Experience and very good knowledge in handling mice or mouse models of inflammatory or degenerative diseases (FELASA certificate is an advantage)
- High reliability, good organisational skills and awareness of importance of accurate experimental work
- Flexibility, high team and communication skills and above-average motivation
- Ability to work independently in establishing new techniques
- Basic MS-office and Internet knowledge
- Good knowledge of English
If you have any questions, please contact the project leader Dr. Corinna Wehmeyer, cwehmeye(at)uni-muenster(dot)de.
Please send your applications (including CV and motivation letter) with the reference number until 28.09.2021 to Verwaltung des Universitätsklinikums Münster, Albert-Schweitzer-Campus 1, Domagkstraße 5 or via email to bewerbung(at)ukmuenster(dot)de.
Applications of women are specifically invited. In the case of similar qualifications, competence, and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities. Handicapped candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
The University Hospital of Münster is one of the leading hospitals in Germany. Such a position cannot be achieved by size and medical successes alone. The individual commitment counts above all. We need your commitment so that even with little things we can achieve great things for our patients. There are many possibilities open for you so that you may develop with them.