The Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine at the University Hospital Münster (Germany) is offering at the earliest opportunity limited to 3 years a position as a
Postdoctoral Research Associate (gn*)
Salary according to German TV-L E13 (100%)
Our group studies the mechanisms of neutrophil activation and recruitment in mouse models of inflammation. These studies will utilize various techniques in cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry, including intravital microscopy studies on neutrophil rolling and adhesion in mice, flow cytometry, flow chamber assays, immunofluorescence microscopy, protein-protein interaction, retroviral transfection of bone marrow cells, and generation of bone marrow chimeras.
Your activities and responsibilities
- Develop and conduct experimental models of acute and chronic inflammation to study molecular mechanisms of leukocyte activation and recruitment
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results
- Participate and contribute to scientific group meetings
- Contribute as appropriate to the publication of research findings
- Participate in training and supervision of scientists and research students
- Comply with the University’s Equal Opportunities and Data Protection policies
- PhD in infection biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Significant experience in an experimental animal models and imaging techniques
- Good self-organization and team working abilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work with minimal supervision
- German language skills would be advantageous but are not a requirement.
- Ideally you have already completed further training in genomics/proteomics and bioinformatics
- Experience with preparation of proposals for third-party funding
What we offer
- An international, young and highly recognized working group (Rossaint/Zarbock)
- Excellent options for networking and collaboration through collaborative research networks (KFO342, CRC1450, CRC1009, Cells in Motion Interfaculty Center)
- An exciting and dynamic research environment with state-of-the-art technologies
- Encouraging the preparation of research papers, scientific networking) and the participation at (inter)national meetings
- Weekly joint lab meeting with scientists from various laboratories and a good international network of collaborators provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas
- Possibility to obtaining a post-doctoral lecture qualification
The applicant is expected to be willing to perform animal studies. Experience in working with mice would be a plus.
Please direct any questions to Dr. Nicole Finocchiaro (Nicole.finocchiaro(at)uni-muenster(dot)de).
Please send your application including your CV, a letter describing your motivation and brief statement of esearch experience, research interests and career goals, copies of relevant certificates as well as two referees and the reference code until 29.09.2021 to Personalgewinnung des Universitätsklinikums Münster, Bewerbermanagement, Domagkstraße 5, 48149 Münster or via email to Bewerbung(at)ukmuenster(dot)de.
Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged. In the case of equal qualifications, competence and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate predominate. Handicapped candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference.
The University Hospital of Münster is one of the leading hospitals in Germany. Such a position cannot be achieved by size and medical successes alone. The individual commitment counts above all. We need your commitment so that even with little things we can achieve great things for our patients.There are many possibilities open for you so that you may develop with them.