The University Hospital of Münster is one of the leading hospitals in Germany. Such a position cannot be achieved by size and medical successes alone. The individual commitment counts above all. We need your commitment so that even with little things we can achieve great things for our patients. There are many possibilities open for you so that you may develop with them.
For the Department of Internal Medicine A (Hematology, Oncology & Pneumology), initially for 36 months with the possibility of extension, we are looking for:
Postdoctoral Fellow (Biology / Biochemistry / Life Sciences) (gn*)
Salary according to TV-L13
(*gn= gender neutral)
The successful candidate will work as part of the Experimental Leukemia and Myeloma Therapy Research group led by Cyrus Khandanpour. The position is available from January 1st, 2020 until December 31st, 2022 and will be compensated according to TV-L E13. The postdoc will work on an IZKF-funded project on deciphering the role of the transcription factor Growth Factor Independence 1 (GFI1) in DNA repair and genomic evolution in leukemia. The position includes the following tasks and requirements:
- Murine transplantations and injections; Analysis of different mouse organs
- Tissue culture, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry
- Analysis of DNA repair pathways
- Project management;
- Writing publications and research proposals
- A PhD degree in biomedical sciences or comparable
- A keen interest in normal and malginant hematology
- Experience with animal experimentation is necessary
- Experience with Fluorescent in situ hybridization is preferred
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data, including RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq and ATAC-Seq is preferred
- Willingness to perform basic bioinformatic analyses
- Team spirit, enthusiasm, self-dependence
- A proven publication track record
- Proficient in spoken and written English; knowledge in German preferred
You will be exposed to an international research group, where all group members are cooperating intensively with each other. You will be expected to train students and push your own research projects of the group forward and are encouraged to enter also new fields. You will be mentored, and besides training you will be provided with career development meetings to ensure your development during your postdoctoral time and afterwards. We will support you with your transition to an independent PI by being able to transfer projects from your Postdoc.
For any inquiries, please contact Cyrus Khandanpour at cyrus.khandanpour(at)ukmuenster(dot)de.
Please send your application (including the above reference number) with all relevant information (CV, cover letter) until 04.12.2019 to Personalgewinnung des Universitätsklinikums Münster, Bewerbermanagement, Domagkstraße 5, 48149 Münster or via e-mail (PDF-file, max. 5 MB) to Bewerbung(at)ukmuenster(dot)de
Applications of women are specifically invited. In the case of similar qualification, competence, and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities. Handicapped candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.